Discoverable, Unconditional, Structured
Open Data Hong Kong is an open, participative, volunteer-run group of Hong Kong citizens who support Open Data, founded in March 2013. Anyone is welcome to join, take part and lead.
We are engaged citizens. Members are people who value government transparency. Some of us are analysts who study data, others are researchers of public trends, programmers who work with data visualisation, people developing data-driven apps, public servants who want to open government data to the public, to name just a few.
What we do:
- Raise awareness and share knowledge about Open Data and its benefits;
- Facilitate collaborations among Open Data supporters;
- Advocate for increased availability and quality of Open Data.
We do this by:
- Collecting and providing resources about Hong Kong Open Data;
- Organising events for the community to connect, collaborate, share, and understand;
- Liaising with the Hong Kong government and other sectors to facilitate the release and improved quality of Open Data.
Meet.37 is on Research data, including policy, practice and the open platforms required to implement this. We have HKU’s David Palmer presenting the new open data repository he has helped build.read more
Tuesday, November, 22 at 1:45pm. Add this event to your Google Calendar. See this event on Facebook Wanted a chance to visit Legco but never had the chance or didn't know when's the best time to go? Here's your chance! Hong Kong’s Legislative...read more
Wednesday, November 2 at 7pm at Campfire CoWorking Space in Kennedy Town 4/F Cheung Hing Industrial Building, 12P Smithfield, Kennedy Town We're going to work with data, and start building a repository for common public data. Data about land, public transportation,...read more
Let's showcase some tools we are working on to support open data in Hong Kong: A data warehouse for open data for the public; A projects database listing of open data projects; A(nother) Legco watch site, and more. If you also have a project, come show it to us. If...read more